Wednesday 26 September 2018

Prolactin Hormone & Nerve repair

When first diagnosed with MS my neurologist informed me that I should become pregnant again as MS patients would go into remission during pregnancy. This seemed like a smoking gun to my husband and I. We soon found out that the hormone Prolactin would increase during pregnancy and is still produced whilst breastfeeding. This hormone repairs nerves!!

At the time I had just finished breastfeeding our fourth child a month previously to my diagnosis. I began breast pumping with an automated pump. Not much milk came at first, but after a few weeks I was able to easily pump while in the shower. This became my daily routine morning and night prior to metal removal then I continued a year after that.

The following link explains Prolactin a little deeper.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.news-medical.net/amp/news/2007/02/20/22065.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mercury (silver) fillings & MS

Amalgam fillings may be the 'silver bullet' for some. Linda Brocato testifies before the FDA joint Medical/Dental panel how mercu...